This is the story of an idea that grew into a passion.



Built circa 1837, the early history of the cottage is unknown to us. We can determine from remaining groundworks however that the building that stands today was half of a typical Picardian longhouse - the remains of the other half being to the right of the building as it is faced. We believe that it was severely damaged in 1918 during the final German thrust westwards or during the allied surge in August, the village being liberated from German Occupation on 8th August 1918 by combined Canadian and French forces.



 © Marine Synergy 2019